This is our First Blog post for the Auction on April 6. We thought this would be a great way to keep you updated on all the happenings for the 2013 ConcordiaFest Auction.
Tune in often to see NEW items we are receiving!
Here are some ideas on how you can participate:
Could you contribute your time or talent?
Ideas such as:
- A Year of Yard work
- Homemade __?__ every month
- Complete family dinner delivered
Bake for the Dessert Auction
Many fancy desserts will be needed for the dessert auction. Start perusing your cookbook for a favorite fancy dessert that you can make to donate.
If you are interested in helping in this year’s auction we would love to have you. There are all kinds of opportunities to participate. Remember all hours spent on the auction count as PIP hours (day school families only) and this is a fun way to get them completed. Please see Lisa Meyer, Auction Chair, if you have specific questions regarding volunteer opportunities.
Tips for Soliciting a Business
- Visit in person
- Speak to the manager
- Have a letter about the auction and procurement form to leave behind
- Offer to come back to pick up the donated items
- Follow up a "maybe" with a phone call
- Be specific about what you want
- Be creative – take anything, lots of something, clearance merchandise, etc.
- Ask for sponsorship donation if not an auctionable item (to cover the cost of decorations, food, printing, desserts, etc.)
- Put yourself in their shoes – they want business-growth opportunities
- Send a proper thank you note in a timely manner
Thanks for reading!